Sunday 26 June 2011

Knee Deep In Work At Work- Literally!

So far, I have been to six Arshiya offices for work: MIDC (home office in Andheri East), OPUS (down the street), CJ House (downtown Mumbai), FTWZ (Mumbai), FTWZ (Kurja), and the Delhi office. It has been so neat to visit all the different locations and sites to meet new teams and learn about every part of the company. I’ve had the opportunity to sit in some really great client meetings at a few of these locations. The CJ House office is beautiful! I’ve never seen such an elegantly decorated conference room. We have been travelling to these places a few times every week and work has really picked up. I have lots of assignments every day and even homework! I don’t mind though, I’m so glad I am interning at a company that treats me like every other employee and demands a lot of work. It is preparing me for the real world after college! I had an interesting “Sales Workshop” all day meeting the other day. We managed to cram around 40 people in one room that only had 12 chairs around the main table! You can only imagine how crammed it was, but hey at least we all saw the presentations.
I usually walk to OPUS since it is about five buildings down from MIDC...but this is not as simple as it sounds in June! First off, I must be invisible to cars, buses, minivans, rickshaws, buffalo- you name it! Traffic doesn’t stop and will run your toes over, splash you with mud and puddles, or honk and make you jump. The good news is, the locals and street vendors get a good laugh! The other day it started pouring rain during our meeting at OPUS, and when it was time to walk back to MIDC, we had no choice but take on the challenge (which I thought would be fine because it had stopped raining). Did I mention there aren’t drains and sidewalks like at home? Roxana and I rolled up our pants, and hopped around puddles for about 100 feet, then realized there was only one way to get back. So we treaded through a giant, muddy, squishy, car oily, puddle- KNEE DEEP for about two blocks back to MIDC. I took the longest shower of my life that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment